Agile typically refers to a professional tester who embraces changes, collaborates well with the business technical team and understands the concept of software document requirement and to derive them. They are willing to learn about the customer so that they can know what they can do according to the customer needs as per the software requirements.Here it contains Agile testing principles,Methodologies, Advantages , Disadvantages and pdf tutorials for your reference.
- Whole team responsible for the quality. Testing is done after the development is complete but in Agile , the whole team is responsible for the quality of work. They also mixes discipline where you can find one tester working with co ordination with the other developers.
- Here communication also plays an important role as when testers and developers work together in a team they can easily communicate with each other.
- As they are working together in a team, immediate feedbacks can be given where the developer can fix the bug then and there when the code is still fresh in his mind.
- As the coding and testing time is so close to each other, the developer need not have to put in new code to the project as he can fix up the bug problem without any difficulty.
- Agile locks the teams into short sprints letting each team focus on completing a small set of features.
- Since testing is done throughout the software process, testing can’t be cut and also not even much cant be cut. It has to go on in order to avoid the bug that arises.
DISADVANTAGES OF AGILE TESTING
- When testing stops in between in the software life cycle, more and more bugs will be introduced and it will be difficult for the developer to clear the whole bug in one time.
- Agile requirements are barely sufficient. This eliminates wasted efforts on deliverables that do not last which saves time and also money. If proper team work and communication is not there between developers and testers, then there will be a clear misunderstanding and will be difficult for team members that are used to do everything being defined as upfront.
- Flexibility to change ensures the right to delivery of the right product at the correct time. Without the maturity of a strong and clear vision, and the discipline of fixing timescale and trading scope, is potentially very dangerous.
- Provides continuous feedback. This is needed as he is the person leading the team and to improve their ability and to motivate them , feedback is necessary where they will know their feedback and can work on it.
- Deliver value to customer. Acceptance of tests helps all understanding of what it means on the realization of customer needs.
- Enable face to face communication. Here testers play a major role in bringing the customer and tester together on a face to face communication where by then the problem can be solved regarding the bug and softwares. A tester can be the ones who physically brings these people together as well the ones who drives the common language between these parties.
- Self organize.In a true agile team everyone has the role to act as a tester. They should know how to shift focus from time to time when needed. They have to focus their attention towards verifying DONE attitude rather than DONE DONE attitude.
- Focus on people.Testers are basically at the bottom line in a non agile software team. To them the works are given, particular time to complete is given and the programmers looks as those lower to them.
- Keep it simple.Testers can help the customer to understand how to prominently deliver value. They have to provide a equal balance of iterative testing, just a right confidence to deliver the software.
- Scrum Model Testing
- Dynamic Software Development
- Feature Driven
- Lean Software Development
- Extreme Programming
Pages: Page 1, Page 2