SAP PM ( Plant Maintenance ) is a functional module which handles the maintaining of equipments and Enables efficient planning of production and generation schedules and provides interfaces to process control and SCADA systems.
The SAP ERP Plant Maintenance (PM) application component provides you with a comprehensive software solution for all maintenance activities that are performed within a company. Supports cost-efficient maintenance methods, such as risk-based maintenance or preventive maintenance, and provides comprehensive outage planning and powerful work order management.
In this page you will get some SAP PM module Tutorials and PM PDF training guides to download. Also refer the PM components, PM tables & PM tcodes. If you are a beginner in SAP, please read our articles about What is SAP and What is ERP.
List of SAP PM sub-modules (Components)
Here is the list of complete sub modules (application components) coming under SAP PM module.
- PM-AV (Asset Viewer)
- PM-EQM (Technical Objects)
- PM-EQM-BM (Bills of Material (Plant Maintenance))
- PM-EQM-CC (Configuration Control)
- PM-EQM-EQ (Equipment)
- PM-EQM-FL (Functional Locations)
- PM-EQM-LE (List Editing)
- PM-EQM-ON (Object Networking)
- PM-EQM-SF (Additional Functions)
- PM-EQM-SF-EM (Emissions Management Integration)
- PM-EQM-SF-MPC (Measuring Points and Counters)
- PM-EQM-SF-PMT (Permits)
- PM-EQM-SF-WA (Warranties)
- PM-EQM-THO (Takeover/Handover of Technical Objects)
- PM-ES (Enterprise Services in Plant Maintenance)
- PM-IS (Information System)
- PM-IS-DC (Data Collection)
- PM-IS-EWS (Early Warning System)
- PM-IS-LIS (Interface to Logistics Information Library (LIL))
- PM-IS-PLN (Planning)
- PM-IS-REP (Standard Analyses)
- PM-IS-REP (Reporting)
- PM-PRM (Preventive Maintenance)
- PM-PRM-MP (Maintenance Plans)
- PM-PRM-TL (Maintenance Task Lists)
- PM-PRO (Maintenance Projects)
- PM-PRO-NW (Networks (Plant Maintenance))
- PM-PRO-OM (Project Management (Plant Maintenance))
- PM-PRO-ST (Project Structure (Plant Maintenance))
- PM-PRO-WS (Revision Planning)
- PM-SMA (Service Management)
- PM-SMA-SC (Call Management)
- PM-WCM (Work Clearance Management)
- PM-WCM-ADB (Adobe Forms)
- PM-WCM-ADB-PRN (Print Form)
- PM-WCM-MD (Master Data)
- PM-WCM-OC (Operational Cycle)
- PM-WCM-PE (Approval Enhancements)
- PM-WOC (Maintenance Processing)
- PM-WOC-CP (Capacity and Resource Planning)
- PM-WOC-JC (Completion Confirmations)
- PM-WOC-LE (List Editing)
- PM-WOC-MH (Maintenance History)
- PM-WOC-MN (Maintenance Notifications)
- PM-WOC-MN-PAM (Pool Asset Management)
- PM-WOC-MO (Maintenance Orders)
- PM-WOC-MO-ACC (Controlling (Budgeting,Order Costs))
- PM-WOC-MO-ARC (Archiving)
- PM-WOC-MO-CUM (Compatible Units)
- PM-WOC-MO-CUM (Compatible Units Management)
- PM-WOC-MO-MAT (Stock Material, Bills of Material, Availability Check)
- PM-WOC-MO-OCI (Catalog Integration)
- PM-WOC-MO-OLC (Operation Level Costing)
- PM-WOC-MO-PRI (Print, Fax, Paging)
- PM-WOC-MO-PUR (Purchasing (External Processing, Preq, Services))
- PM-WOC-MO-SCH (Scheduling, Relationships)
- PM-WOC-MO-TSK (Task Lists, General Task Lists)
- PM-WOC-RO (Refurbishment Order)
Important PM Transaction codes
Here is a sample list of transaction codes used in plant maintenance module in SAP. Full list of tcodes along with their description will be available from the mentioned links after this list.
- SAP PM Transaction Codes
- SAP PM-EQM Tcodes – full list
- SAP PM-WCM Tcodes full list
- SAP PM-WOC Tcodes – full list
- View sample list of Plant maintenance module tcodes in PDF
SAP PM tables
Here is another sample of tables used for storing PM module related data. You will get the full list of tables and their details from the links in this list.
- SAP PM-EQM Tables – full list
- SAP PM-WCM Tables – full list
- SAP PM-WOC Tables – full list
SAP PM Module Tutorials
- SAP Technical Objects in Plant Maintenance (PM-EQM) Module
- SAP Information System in Plant Maintenance (PM-IS) Module
- SAP Preventive Maintenance in PM (PM-PRM) Module
- SAP Work Clearance Management in PM (PM-WCM) Module
- SAP Maintenance Processing in PM (PM-WOC) Module
- SAP PM Equipment tutorial
- SAP PM Maintenance plan tutorial
- SAP PM Maintenance Task list
- SAP PM Refurbishment Order
- Maintenance Order in SAP PM
- Factory Calendar
SAP PM PDF Training materials
Some Basic Questions & Answers
PM module full form is Plant Maintenance Module.
Using the transaction code IE20, we can search for replacement equipment.
Transaction code IN27 is used for displaying the network list.
Transaction code IB01 is sued for creating equipment & IB11 is used for creating functional location.
Using the tcode OMPL1, we can specify the system messages.
Transaction code BGMN is used for processing the warranty
SAP table HIKO is used for storing the order master data history.