Here I have collected some qood interview questions with answers about Informatica that is generally asked. Download Complete Questions in PDF. It will be helpful for freshers and experienced people in Data warehousing field using Informatica software. You can also treat this as a Informatica tutorial for learning purpose. For getting more resources to learn check this Informatica introduction and PDF training guides.
Informatica is one of the most powerful and widely used toold for ETL ( Extract , Transform, Load ) data from source to a different target.
This is an ETL or data integration tool. It is used for gathering data from a good number of sources and loading the data into specific targets without saving the data in a specific place. It also delivers the right data that will meet the needs of the user as well as produce excellent results because it is designed to promote resources and services over different machines.
Informatica Interview questions and answers
Informatica has some questions which you may be asked when attending an interview. Some of those questions and their answers include:
- What are the advantages of Informatica?
Informatica has some advantages over other data integration systems. A couple of the advantages are:
- It is faster than the available platforms.
- You can easily monitor your jobs with Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- It has made data validation, iteration and project development to be easier than before.
- If you experience failed jobs, it is easy to identify the failure and recover from it. The same applies to jobs that are running slowly.
- In what real situations can Informatica be used?
Informatica has a wide range of application that covers areas such as:
- Data migration.
- Application migration.
- Data warehousing.
- What are some examples of Informatica ETL programs?
Some basic Informatica programs are:
- Mappings: A mapping is designed in the Designer. It defines all the ETL processes. Data are read from their original sources by mappings before the application of transformation logic to the read data. The transformed data is later written to the targets.
- Workflows: The processes of runtime ETL are described by a collection of different tasks are known as workflow. Workflows are designed in the Workflow Manager.
- Task: This is a set of actions, commands, or functions that are executable. How an ETL process behaves during runtime can be defined by a sequence of different tasks.
- Which development components of Informatica have the highest usage?
There are many development components in Informatica. However, these are the most widely used of them:
- Expression: This can be used to transform data that have functions.
- Lookups: They are extensively used to join data.
- Sorter and Aggregator: This is the right tool for sorting data and aggregating them.
- Java transformation: Java transformation is the choice of developers if they want to invoke variables, java methods, third-party API’s and java packages that are built-in.
- Source qualifiers: Many people use this component to convert source data types to the equivalent Informatica data types.
- Transaction control: If you want to create transactions and have absolute control over rollbacks and commits, count on this component to bail you out.
- What are the uses of ETL tools?
ETL tools are quite different from other tools. They are used for performing some actions such as:
- Loading important data into a data warehouse from any source known as Target.
- Extracting data from a data warehouse from any sources such as database tables or files.
- Transforming the data received from different sources in an organized way. Some of the notable sources where data are received include SAP solutions, Teradata, or web services.
This Questions & answers part contains the questions and answers about
- types of data warehouses
- ETL tools
- Data mart
- star schema
- snow flake schema