Here is a quick reference about Billing plan component in SAP Sales & Distribution module. In SAP SD a billing plan is a schedule of individual billing dates for a single item in a sales document. You can define a billing plan at header level, which is then valid for all items assigned to it.
Depending on the kind of business process you are carrying out, the system can automatically propose one of two different types of billing plan: periodic billing or milestone billing.
- Periodic billing in SAP SD means billing a total amount for each individual billing date in the plan. For example, if you are creating a rental contract, the system can propose a schedule of monthly rental payments, according to the length and conditions of the contract.
- Milestone billing in SAP SD means distributing the total amount to be billed over multiple billing dates in the billing plan. For example,you can use a billing plan for billing a make-to-order item that is assigned to a project in the SAP Project System. When you enter the project-related make-to- order item in the sales order (or assembly order), the system proposes a billing plan based on milestones defined for networks in the project. As each milestone is successfully reached, the customer is billed either a percentage of the entire project cost or simply a pre-defined amount.
SAP Billing Plan Tables
Here is a list of possible system tables storing billing Plan related data in SAP.
- Billing Plan – VFPLA
- Billing Plan – FPLA
- Billing Plan – FPLAPO
- Billing Plan: Dates – VFPLT
- Billing Plan Type – TFPLA
- Billing Plan: Dates – FPLTPO
- Billing Plan: Dates – FPLT
- Billing Plan Type: Description – TFPLB
- Billing Plan: Date Description – TVTB
- Date Type in Billing Plan: Description – TFPLU
- Date Type for Billing Plan Type – TFPLT
- Billing Document: Billing Date by Number Range – TVFKD
- Billing Type for Creating a Pro Forma Billing Document – CMP_PROF
- Self-Billing: Processed Billing Documents – VSBPBD
- Directory of Generated Reports (Plan. Func. & Plan. Process – UPC_GREPCAT
- Payment Plan: Reversal Table Detail Payment Plan Item – PPPOS_REV_DETA
- Payment Plan: Reversal Table Detail Payment Plan – DIMAPA_REV_DETA
- Payment Plan: Reversal Table for Payment Plan Item – PPPOS_REV
- Payment Plan: Reversal Table for Whole Payment Plan – DIMAPARPPLAN_REV
- FSL: Billing – FSLC_ACTIVE_INV
SAP Billing Plan Tcodes
Here is a list of possible transaction codes dealing with billing Plan in SAP.
- Billing Plan – GM_MLST
- Customizing Billing Plan Ps – 0CJBQ1
- Maintain Billing Plan Type – OVBI
- DIP Profile: Billing Plan Integratn – ODP11
- Modification Report Billing Plan – OVBT
- Reset Billing Plan Date – DP101
- Assign billing plan type – OVBP
- Maintain milestone billing plan type – OVBO
- Copy Plan->Plan for Real Estate – RECOPLPLANCOPY
- Plan/Plan/Actual:Versions,PrCtrGrp – S_ALR_87009691
- Plan/Actual/Cmmt/Rem.Plan/Assigned – S_ALR_87013533
- PrCtr Group: Plan/Plan Comparison – S_ALR_87013943
- Copy Plan->Plan for Real Estate – FOKPP
- Plan/Plan/Actual:Versions,PrCtrGrp – S_ALR_87013330
- PrCtr Group: Plan/Plan/Actual – S_E38_98000089
- Plan/Plan/Actual:Versions,Profit Ctr – S_ALR_87009692
- Plan/Plan/Actual:Versions,Profit Ctr – S_ALR_87013329
- Periodic billing – V.07
- EDI Billing – GJ16
- Overall Plan/Annual Plan in Program – S_ALR_87012808
To read about Billing plan configuration in SAP SD click this link